I am a young person

The SEND Partnership Service is the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service for Bath and North East Somerset.

We give information, advice and support about special educational needs and disabilities to children and young people up to the age of 25.


Click on the headings below to find out more.

Getting help

Getting help at school or college

Getting more help than school or college can give

My EHCP (Education and Health Care Plan)

My Annual Review

Getting ready for the future

Having your say and being heard

Wellbeing helplines

The SEND Partnership Service (SPS) offers free, confidential, impartial and legally based information to children and young people aged 0-25 years who have special educational needs and/or disabilities and their parents or carers.

We provide you with easily accessible information around all aspects of education, health and social care to help you make informed decisions.

We aim to keep all our information current, accurate and impartial. We have a range of fact sheets and other useful links that can be found in the sections below. If you can’t find what you are looking for then please contact us.

Please view our Frequently Asked Questions link (FAQ’s) at the top of the page which may provide the answer you are looking for.

Please click on the factsheet below, this will open in a new window or tab.

Annual Review of an Education, Health and Care Plan

Checking your Draft Plan

Choosing a New Educational Setting for your Child or Young Person

Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment for Children and Young People

Education, Health and Care Plans

Funding for Special Educational Needs in Mainstream Schools


Personal Budgets for Special Educational Needs

Special Educational Needs Support in Mainstream Schools

The Local Offer

What do we mean by Impartial Information, Advice and Support? 

What if I do not agree with decisions about SEN Provision?

Please click on the factsheet below, this will open in a new window or tab.

Information, Advice and Support you can get - What should happen
Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments - Finding out what support you need
Education, Health and Care Plans - Getting the right support
Confidentiality - Keeping what you say private
The Local Offer - Finding out about support near you
Personal Budgets - What are they


Part of our responsibility is to find a way for you to influence which services the Local Authority Commissions to support children and young people with SEND the policies they implement and processes they use.
If you would like to be involved, this could be completing a survey, attending a meeting or just letting us know your views. Please let us know.