Finding out about support near you

You can find out what support there is near you by looking at the Local Offer. This is the name of a web page or written information, like a leaflet. It is written by your local authority, which might be called ‘the council’.

The Local Offer is for:

   -  Disabled children and young people
   -  Children and young people with special educational needs. Special educational needs are when you need extra help to learn things.
   -  Families of those children and young people

The Local Offer must give you information about the support that you should be able to get in your area. 

The Local Offer must have information about:
    -  Schools, colleges or training
   -  Special health support
   -  Hobbies or fun activities
   -  Support for becoming an adult
   -  Transport

The local authority must ask you what it should put in the Local Offer. You can tell your local authority what you think about it. They must show everyone what people have said and explain how they are going to make it better.

Your Local Offer is on your local authority website. If you cannot get on the website then they should give you written information, like a leaflet. 

To find your Local Offer, go to:

To find out more about the Local Offer, go to:

Information, Advice and Support Services can help you to find your Local Offer. They can also help you to tell your local authority what you think about your Local Offer.

Ask one of our members of staff for support.

For a printable version of the Factsheet please view the attached document


We have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained in this leaflet is accurate and up to date at the time of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and the SEND Partnership Service cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a consequence of any reliance placed upon it.