Information, advice and support you can get


What should happen?

Are you aged 25 or under?
Are you disabled or do you have special educational needs?
Special educational needs are when you need extra support to learn things.

The law says you can get information, advice and support.

You can come to us if you want some help with getting the right kind of:
  - support at school, college or training​​
  - health services
  - care and support

Most people who are 16 years old or more and have finished Year 11 can make their own decisions about their school or support.

If you would like a parent or carer to help then that is OK. It is up to you
If you are under 16 years old, then we will need to talk to your parents or carers before we make any decisions.

Our service is impartial. This means we will not tell you what to do. We will not take sides.
​We will give you the information and support you need to make your own choices.

Our service is confidential. That means our meetings will be private. We will only tell people what we talk about if you say it is ok. We also need to tell someone if we think you are in danger of being hurt.

If you are not happy with our support then please tell us how we can make it better!

For a printable version of the Factsheet please view the attached document

We have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained in this leaflet is accurate and up to date at the time of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and the SEND Partnership Service cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a consequence of any reliance placed upon it. ​